Saturday, December 16, 2006

Another one of those law blogs

I have recently finished up my first semester of my 1L year and probably one of the most unenlightened ideas popped into my head.

Why don't I start a blog to ramble about lovely law school?

I mean whether I'm a law student come February is still to be determined but I figured that I'm invested 40k into law school already so why not throw a blog in to add to the pile.

Christmas break comes around so you go home to your family and friends then realize you are struggling for conversation topics. I mean who wants to hear about TJ Hooper, Eastern Gulf, or about some doctrine that is Erie.

I really once was a pretty big talker. My father loved to call by the nickname "Motor Mouth" but now it seems I'd rather sit still and listen then try to argue two sides to some issue. The best is when I dive into a conversation and start off stating an issue (whether this...) and receive the most perplexed looks in return. I mean give a 1L the hypo 1+1=2 and they'd probably try to argue that it is a very complex legal question by using 3 and 4 word jumbles (insofar) or just some cool Latin speak (res ipsa loquitor). It is hilarious though, hearing res ipsa said by a good country boy or being written on the board by your prof as a kid rambles on about why you should vote for him for honor court justice.

So far, I've enjoyed law school. I have found my passion and have worked harder then I ever imagined possible. I have probably read more in the past six months then in my life time but it for the most part has been interesting topics. Sorry but sometimes Civ Pro is painful. I learned that undergrads will most likely kill 1Ls in flag football but felt redeemed by the us beating the 2Ls in the Battle for the Chattel (Law School speak for Super Bowl).

Anyways, I do hope to write much more about legal issues then reflections but I guess it is that time of year.

1 comment:

Butterflyfish said...

Battle for the Chattle, hmmm? Cute